Grants of up to $10,000 will be available to eligible primary producers directly affected by the March 2018 bushfire event.
Grants may be used to cover the costs of:
- equipment and materials to undertake clean-up
- additional labour costs (above and beyond normal wage expenditure)
- disposing of damaged goods and injured or dead stock
- cost of disposal
- repairs to buildings (other than housing)
- fencing not covered by any other assistance
- reconditioning/repairing essential plant and equipment
- salvaging pastures and/or fodder crops (e.g. seed and fertiliser)
- health maintenance for livestock and poultry
- purchase of fodder (not covered by other assistance)
- purchase or hire/lease costs for equipment essential to the immediate resumption of farming
- replacement of essential water used by fire fighting
- water cartage
Grant eligibility criteria are contained in the attached factsheet
Applications for grant assistance close on 31 October 2018.
Applicants are encouraged to contact our Bendigo office on 1800 260 425 to discuss their needs.